Welcome to our in-depth review of the Antec Vortex 360 ARGB Liquid CPU Cooler. In the world of PC gaming and high-performance computing, effective cooling is paramount. Antec has gained a reputation for producing top-tier cooling solutions, and the Vortex 360 ARGB is no exception.
Join us as we dive into the features, performance, and aesthetics of this liquid CPU cooler to determine if it lives up to the expectations of demanding enthusiasts and gamers.
|397 x 120 x 27 mm
|￠67 x 48.5 mm
|DC 12 V
|Minimum Startup Voltage
|≥ 5.0 V
|≥ 1300 mL / min
|-10°C ~ +60°C
|≤ 28 dB(A)
|PUMP: 3-pin | LED: 3-pin
|Fusion 120 ARGB fan (AH12012FM1)
|120 x 120 x 25 mm
|600±200 ~ 2000±10% RPM
|57.93 CFM (max.)
|2.11 mmH₂O (max.)
|Fan Noise Level
|FAN: 4-pin PWM | LED: 3-pinRated Voltage
|FAN: DC 12 V | LED: DC 5 V
|FAN: DC 6.0-13.8 V | LED: DC 4.5-5.5 V
|FAN : ≤ 0.21 A | LED : ≤ 0.58 A
|Socket Compatibility CPU
|Intel : LGA 115X / 1200 / 1700 / 20XX AMD : AM3/AM4/AM5
The Antec Vortex 360 All-in-One ARGB CPU Liquid Cooler boasts a range of advanced features designed to enhance cooling performance and aesthetics:
- Suspended Spiral Pump Head Design: Inspired by the image of a vortex, the suspended spiral pump head not only offers exceptional cooling performance but also provides captivating lighting effects from various angles.
- Highly Efficient Cooling Pump: Equipped with a high-performance cooling pump, the Vortex 360 ensures efficient heat dissipation, contributing to optimal CPU temperatures. Performance data has been rigorously tested with the Vortex 360 on AMD Ryzen 5600x processors.
- EPDM High-Density Tubing: The use of EPDM high-density tubing enhances durability and minimizes the loss of liquid, ensuring the cooler’s longevity and reliability.
- Superior Fin Density: Featuring a substantial 13 fins, the Vortex 360 dissipates heat rapidly, maintaining lower temperatures even during intensive computing tasks.
- Antec Fusion PWM ARGB Fan: The Vortex 360 ARGB incorporates the Antec Fusion PWM ARGB Fan, featuring a unique multilateral-shaped lighting frame equipped with 16 LEDs. This design not only creates harmonious lighting effects but also delivers powerful CPU cooling.
- Included ARGB Controller: The package includes an ARGB controller that seamlessly synchronizes with your motherboard. This controller allows you to customize each individual LED’s color and lighting effects, providing a personalized and immersive visual experience.
Antec Vortex 360 ARGB CPU Liquid Cooler Review
Temperatures on the Intel i9 14900K Testing Kit
When we pushed the fans and pump of the Antec Vortex 360 ARGB to their maximum speeds, we observed an average temperature of 89°C across the P-cores on our 14th Gen Intel i9 14900K test CPU. This was just 2°C warmer than the Noctua NH-D15 and 3°C warmer than the NZXT Kraken Elite 360 RGB running in its silent mode.
However, it’s essential to note that the much larger and more expensive NZXT cooler, when in performance mode, managed to maintain a temperature 9°C cooler than the Antec Vortex 360 ARGB while producing less fan noise. Nevertheless, considering that the Antec cooler costs less than a third of the price of the NZXT cooler, it offers commendable performance and is a budget-friendly choice for high-end CPUs.
Noise Levels of the Antec Vortex 360 ARGB
The Antec Vortex 360 ARGB’s pump remained virtually inaudible within our test system, blending seamlessly with other components.
At full speed, it operated much quieter than the pump included with the NZXT Kraken Elite 360 RGB. While the fans did generate moderate noise levels at full speed, during our medium-load test (based on our Intel system with motherboard fan speed control), the noise level reached 35dBA. This was only slightly louder than the system’s idle noise level of 31dBA, with the fans accelerating after around 20 seconds of moderate load.
Pros and Cons of the Antec Vortex 360 ARGB
- Remarkably quiet pump
- Captivating RGB lighting
- Easy installation process
- Exceptional value for the price
- Fans exhibit some noise at full speed
- Cooling performance falls short of top-tier solutions
- Lack of dedicated Antec control software
Price of the Antec Vortex 360 ARGB
The Antec Vortex 360 ARGB offers outstanding value for an AIO cooler at just $120. This pricing places it competitively in the market, especially when compared to alternatives like the Noctua NH-D15 and various other 140mm AIO coolers with RGB lighting. Despite its affordability, it delivers decent cooling performance, making it a capable choice.
Conclusion – Antec Vortex 360 ARGB Review
With an attractive price tag of $120, the Antec Vortex 360 ARGB presents an excellent value proposition for an AIO cooler. It not only costs less than premium options like the Noctua NH-D15 but also numerous competing 140mm AIO coolers with RGB lighting. Impressively, it manages to tame high-end CPUs such as the Intel i9 14900K and while featuring captivating RGB lighting and an exceptionally quiet pump. Furthermore, its noise levels remain inconspicuous during low to medium CPU loads, with fan noise only becoming noticeable under extreme conditions. If you’re seeking an affordable yet aesthetically pleasing CPU cooler, the Antec Vortex 360 ARGB is a compelling choice.
In case the Antec Vortex 360 ARGB doesn’t precisely match your requirements, consider exploring our comprehensive guide to the best Antex CPU coolers, covering a wide range of options across various price points, from sub-$50 air coolers to premium 360mm models priced at $300.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Antec Vortex 360 ARGB Liquid Cooler
What is the unique feature of the pump head design in the Antec Vortex 360 ARGB Liquid Cooler?
The Antec Vortex 360 ARGB Liquid Cooler features a suspended spiral pump head design inspired by a vortex. This design not only provides exceptional cooling performance but also creates various captivating lighting effects from different angles.
How efficient is the cooling pump in the Antec Vortex 360 ARGB Liquid Cooler?
The Antec Vortex 360 ARGB Liquid Cooler incorporates a highly efficient cooling pump to ensure optimal performance and temperature control.
Tell me about the tubing used in this liquid cooler.
The liquid cooler utilizes EPDM high-density tubing, known for its durability and efficiency in minimizing liquid loss.
What is the significance of the superior fin density in the Antec Vortex 360 ARGB Liquid Cooler?
The cooler boasts a massive 13 fins design, which facilitates rapid heat dissipation, contributing to effective cooling.
Could you elaborate on the Antec Fusion PWM ARGB Fan included in this liquid cooler?
The Antec Vortex 360 ARGB Liquid Cooler is equipped with the Antec Fusion PWM ARGB Fan. This fan features a unique multilateral-shaped lighting frame with 16 LEDs that produce harmonious and eye-catching lighting effects. Additionally, it provides robust cooling performance to effectively cool your CPU.